Alana Reid is an experienced Head of Faculty (Ebac) / Head of Department (MFL) with over 10 years Qualified Teaching Status. She has a proven track record in leading successful languages departments and has also led whole-school initiatives on improving Teaching and Learning. Alana has vast experience in training new and recently qualified teachers as a NQT Co-Ordinator and has coached and mentored staff and colleagues to improve outcomes for the young people in their care. She has worked in a variety of schools and has frequently and successfully led departments through Ofsted/DfE inspections, always with a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' rating.
Below are some examples of the consultancy services we can provide. This list is not exhaustive so please use the 'Find Out More' button at the bottom of the page to contact us with requests for more bespoke guidance or for more information.
- Assistance and Guidance with Quality Assurance Checks
- Establishing A Strong KS2 Curriculum
- Transition / Primary Outreach in MFL
- Establishing and Monitoring Progress within MFL
- Curriculum Design
- Raising the Profile of Languages
- Effective Intervention and Examination Procedures
Below are some examples of the training services we can provide. This list is not exhaustive so please use the 'Find Out More' button at the bottom of the page to contact us with requests for more bespoke professional development or for more information.
- Assessment for Learning in MFL
- Tracking Progress with the new 1 - 9 Grading System
- Collaborative/Cooperative Learning in MFL
- Effective Differentiation Techniques in MFL
- Tackling Passive Learning in MFL
- Training for KS2 Teachers of MFL
- Behaviour Management for the NQT/RQT
- F is for Fun in MFL: Switching on reluctant learners